My Style Picks for Summer 2017
Here are a couple trends I've been feeling for the summer. Stay tuned for how I style them in my own wardrobe.
1. Off the shoulder tops and dresses:
If you’ve been outside or scrolled down your IG feed lately, you’ve seen that off the shoulder blouses/dresses are in this summer. And I see why! This style adds an edge to your every day summer top or dress. It makes you look like you put more effort into your outfit than you really did. I just bought two off the shoulder dresses for this summer, myself and I wish I'd bought them sooner.
2. Bright Maxi Dresses- A maxi dress is a simple effortless way to look put together this summer. The brighter the better (especially against brown skin)
3. Distressed Jeans and Birkenstocks- I used to think Birkenstocks were of the devil until I bought a pair of my own. Their versatility is unmatched, I must say. I’ve come to the light.
4. Stripes- Anyone who knows me knows that I loveeeeeee stripes. I own a striped version of everything: tops, bottoms, dresses, body suits, you name it. I consider stripes to be a neutral “color”...well pattern like black, white, navy, tan, olive, etc. They just go with everything.
5. Wide legged pants- They really can dress up an outfit and elongate your legs! Now, I don’t own any at the moment, but I think it’s time. Stay tuned.
6. Sheer tops- I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews, but lowkey I dig this trend right now. I recently bought a Coachella-esque sheer top from H&M. It's a look.
. Sandal Heels- Sandal heels are just classic. Again, easiest way to look put together with minimal effort. I prefer sandal heels with a thicker heel because I value my ankles and don’t hate myself. Much more comfortable and easier to walk in.
8. Blush (or pink) Sneakers- The color blush has really made a resurgence. It’s almost becoming a neutral color, itself. Matter of fact I’m incorporating it into the color scheme of my room (coming soon). But I digress. I recently purchased some blush vans and they’re perfect. These aren't the ones I have but close.